Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Update on Calabar CBN Explosion: 4 Victims Confirmed Dead!

According to reports reaching us on the Calabar Central Bank of Nigeria gas explosion that happened last week Friday, at least no fewer than four victims  have been confirmed dead out of 15 taken to the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital (UCTH).



According to Channels TV reports, Doctors said the degree of damage meted on them by the explosion led to their death.

The Chief Medical Director of UCTH, Dr Thomas Agan, confirmed their death when Channels Television was at the hospital to get get an update on the present state of the victims.

It was a dark Friday for Staff of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Calabar Branch when a gas explosion rocked the financial building, leaving scores in critical condition and others dead.

The casualties were rushed to the UCTH, General hospital as well as the Nigerian Navy Hospital.

Other patients are lying in critical condition at the UCTH and the General Hospital, with lots of internal and facial injuries as a result of inhaling the fumes from the blast. The doctors said they are responding to treatment.

Dr Agan said, the CBN boss and other staff had so far been supportive, as their visits to the hospital had given the victims hope.

“They look forward to getting back on their feet in the shortest possible time,” he said.

He assured reporters that, the hospital would put in their best in ensuring that, the condition of the remaining victims improved.

At the General Hospital, the Medical Superintendent, Dr. Etim Effiong Ayi, told Channels Television’s correspondent that three victims that were received by the hospital in critical condition are now stable.

Some of the victims spoke on how it all happened and are grateful to God for saving their lives.

At the Nigerian Navy hospital, Channels Television was denied access to the patients nor any information in the present state of victims taken there.

No comments:

Post a Comment